jon adams on Twitter: “I don’t want to be ‘resilient’ to the poor attitudes & hostile environment so often society sets out before #autistic people I want to be ‘resistant’ to the poor attitudes & hostile environment so often society sets out before #autistic people #AutisticCultureShift”
Jorn Bettin on Twitter: “Spot-on. “Help” to become resilient only perpetuates and amplifies toxic power gradients. #AutisticCultureShift must include #Resistance and #AutisticCollaboration. That’s the path to a safer environment. Don’t trust anyone who claims we can’t collaborate https://t.co/iVxYFUUY9G.… https://t.co/VWrboWg9rF”
- Mindset Marketing, Behaviorism, and Deficit Ideology
- Inspiration Porn, Growth Mindset, and Deficit Ideology
- Equity Literate Education: Fix Injustice, Not Kids
- Design is Tested at the Edges: Intersectionality, The Social Model of Disability, and Design for Real Life
- Neurodiversity in the Classroom
- The right to learn differently should be a universal human right that’s not mediated by a diagnosis.