- Your stims are stupendous; your happy makes me happy
- I would talk on the phone for you; please don’t make me
- You’re on my red list; let’s get out of here
- I want to know everything about you; do you mind if I take notes?
- I want to spend time in parallel existence with you; let’s be alone together
- Your echolalia is enchanting; let’s back and forth
I updated “Bring the backchannel forward. Written communication is the great social equalizer.” and “Wanted: hospitals and doctors’ offices that…” with selections from “Fergus Murray: Why ‘nothing about us without us’ should be an Autism policy principle | CommonSpace”.
When AMASE conducted a survey about the mental health of autistic people around Scotland, we found that many had been excluded by such simple things as practices insisting on telephone contact